My O/L Experience

I began my O/L life as soon as I passed the 9th grade. As Sri Lanka's education system has highly relied on Private tuition, I had to find new tuition classes. Finding new tuition classes wasn't that much of a hassle as some subjects of the O/Ls are continuations of subjects from the 6th grade. Those tuitions from 6th grade turned into O/L classes (maths, science, Sinhala, English, etc). 

There were new subjects too. Because for the ols in Sri Lanka, you can choose 3 other optional subjects making it a 9 total subjects. I chose Tamil from the 1st category, English literature from the 2nd category and ICT(Information Communication Technology from the 3rd optional subject category. I had a huge bother with my mom to choose a subject for the 1st optional subject as I wanted to choose commerce but my mom wanted me to do Tamil. It is not because I didn't like to learn Tamil, but because I saw the importance of learning commerce with my future admirations.


My tuition classes were based on the place where I went to tuition for English and because the town's most reputed teachers were there too. I didn't go for any tuition for ICT & history. 

I gained confidence in subjects via term tests at school. I had an increasing competency since the 5th grade. Most of the exam preparation was done by tutors. I rarely did past papers.

From the 6th grade, my favourite subject was science. I remember me studying science textbooks even before the grade starts. Maths, English, ICT and History were the following respectively.

Apart from the tuition, I was a thorough user of the "e-thaksalawa" at that time. I used it to learn things that I wanted to learn further. It was a helpful platform actually. I could learn anything I wanted without depending on communication with an actual teacher.


Near The Exam

As it was reaching the O/L exam, I stopped most of the extracurricular activities. About one year before the exam I stopped my digital life as it was some kind of a distraction to my studies. Even though that might sound mad, it gave me some advantages. Maybe I discuss them in the future.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Trip To Badulla

We Got a Puppy

Our Trip to Anuradhapura 2020 Feb