We Got a Puppy

I had a huge interest to have a dog for a long time. With this corona situation, we got really bored staying at home alone. So, we thought it was the best time to buy a puppy.

Initially, I liked Labradors. But as I researched dogs & dog training, I decided that a German Shepherd is the best for me. I like the fact that they are intelligent, protective & vicious. 

I watched YouTube videos on puppies & how to train them to find out whether it will be a good idea for us to have a dog.

I got really inspired by watching videos by Victoria Stillwell from "It's Me or the Dog".


(2021 Sept 18)

We found an advertisement for GSD puppies on Ikman. Lk. The dealer was a few kilometers away from our home. There was a pack of 5 puppies. We chose the eldest one of them, which was a boy. He was definitely cute and very friendly with strangers and innocent like a cat. It had more younger sisters and brothers. I remember a few of them were enthusiastic to come with us. But we only wanted one.

There was the mother dog too. We got all the details and records of the puppy. He was only 30 days old. We carried him to our car he was peacefully laying on the floor and only moved his eyes and tilted his head from time to time. He was a bit curious about where he was moving. But he was trustfully watching my eyes. 

After a long journey (half an hour), we came to our home and I carried him to our living room. He was hardly standing, he was totally feeling strange about his new environment. I think he was feeling lonely but for sure he was curious to find out about his surroundings. I too lay on the floor making my head lower as his eyes to make him feel safe with me (as advised by Victoria Stilwell). He began moving towards me. Then he began to play with us soon. But he was still feeling strange. My mom began to call him "Leo" and I told her recently that I may name a lion in that name in the future.

Since the first day, he was a very obedient Good-Boy. He quickly learned the "Stay" command on the same day. He stayed with us in the house during the day and in the crate-like area in our chef's kitchen. He didn't bark or whine for a moment. He was always enthusiastic to follow commands.


Leo will return to my social media in the future.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Trip To Badulla

Our Trip to Anuradhapura 2020 Feb