Grandma's House | New Year Vacation 2023

(2023 Apr 17-19 )

We went to our grandma's place this new year. It was a 3 days vacation in the countryside. As it is situated in a large land covered with wildernesses and half covered with a vast paddy field there was a very isolated environment from the city. 

I decided to have a break from all digital media these days. I enjoyed visiting the paddy field, riding bicycles on county roads & reading books before bed.

As it was the new year, meals and tea times were filled with traditional new year foods.


In the 2nd day morning, we went to the paddy field near the house. It's an area of paddy fields owned by many farmers in the area. The fields near the house are owned by my grandparents. The view from there was amazing there were a few ponds with lotus flowers, a stream with small fish and farmers were working with tractors in the distance. Sunrise is the best moment to go there. I created a vlog while I was there.

Riding bicycles on county roads was an absolutely new experience for me. I rode about 1km on a lonely road around the paddy fields. Slowing near steeps, speeding over steeps. Only flat, endless roads towards nowhere in a dry atmosphere.



On the last day there, I got a chance to drive an old car from my uncle. It was a Mitsubishi Lancer Wagon. My uncle asked me to start his car because he had not been able to drive his car for months as he was recovering from an accident. First I had to recharge the battery for a few hours was I could diagnose that the battery was dead. 

Then we tried starting the car with the battery, but the car didn't start as the battery charge was not enough. Then we tried pushing the car into the front yard. The car got at a speed while it was being pushed and I released the clutch while turning the key. It worked! The car became alive with a huge fog of exhaust gas out of the tailpipe. 

I did put it in neutral and left the car idle for a while. Then my parents gave me permission to drive it near the house. I didn't go on the main road as I was not used to that car. It was easy to drive it but it didn't have power steering and I had to use my force to turn the wheel. I returned the car to the garage and tried starting it from the battery, but the battery was not enough.

Afterwards, we had lunch and returned home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Trip To Badulla

We Got a Puppy

Our Trip to Anuradhapura 2020 Feb